WHO WE ARE
Built in 1970, the headquarters is situated on the threshold of Montepulciano and represents the heart of the winery. It houses offices, storerooms, tanks for storing finished wines, the bottling line, a wine shop and a splendid, 2,800 Sq.m, underground barrel room.
The emblem on Vecchia Cantina di Montepulciano’s crest is a winged lion rampant. This is an icon of phantasy born of the union between the “gryphon rampant”, an ancient mythological symbol that evokes the long history of the Comune of Montepulciano from its Etruscan origins, and the “lion”, an emblem of the Florentine nobility, which had a profound influence on the life of Montepulciano, both in terms of public administration and architecture, and town planning during the 15th and 16th centuries.
Our identity card
Founding Date:: 11/07/1937
Legal Headquarters: VIA PROVINCIALE, 7 – 53045 MONTEPULCIANO (SI)
C.F. e P.Iva: 00108760521
Members: circa 400
Regions Represented: Tuscany and Umbria
Hectares of Vineyard: about 1000
Quintals of grapes processed: about 80.000 per year
Hectolitres vinified: circa 60.000 per year
Bottles Produced: 5,000,000 of which 1,200,000 are Vino Nobile di Montepulciano D.O.C.G.
Principal Lines Marketed: Vecchia Cantina – Redi – Poggio Stella – Terre di Rubinoro
Distribution: Gdo – Do – Ho.re.ca – Direct sales – Online sales
Principal markets: Italy – USA – Europe – Japan
Montepulciano, Via Provinciale, 7 – Phone: 0578 716092
Sinalunga, Via Voltella n°4/a – 53048 – Phone: 0577 636195